Sunday, November 29, 2009

turkey trots

I just felt like titling this turkey trots for no reason other than it cracks me up. Well its been a very odd couple of months since my mean blog about the binnys. My mom died. Yep. Gone, ceasing to exist, left the building, er, planet, er whatever. Gone on to a better place (tired of that one). There is this big empty spot where there used to be someone I needed to take care of and get guilt from. Get angry with and feel bad for. Feel like I had something to prove to and beg for love from. Now I clean. And cook. And make her recipes and use her dishes and plates and stuff. I'm bound and determined to finish all or 95% completed craft projects and even the ones that are just started. I can't let go of her scarves. She hasn't worn a scarf since 1968 but I still cannot let go of them. Or her cool 40s costume jewelery, or my pursuit of the perfect family meal.

It is going to take some getting used to this not having parents. It is going to take some getting used to that I am now the older generation. Reminds me.....I have to call Michael so he can do my roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment