Friday, September 11, 2009

Week 2

So many mixed emotions about this phase of my life. My kids are gone. Well off to college and it definitely feels very strange. I have a strong urge to call the police each night when I return home to report the very odd burglars that come into my house. "Hoffman Estates PD" "Yes, I'd like to report a break in" "A break in?" "yes, someone keeps breaking into my house" "This has happened more than once?" "Yes, I think everyday" "Everyday?" "yes and the weird thing is that it is like what happened 3 years ago" "Tell me more ma'am" "Someone comes into my house everyday and removes the high school papers, notebooks and volleyball crap! - It started happening about 2 weeks ago! The funny thing is 3 years ago a similar thing happened with all the basketball crap in the house!" "Ma'am we'll send an office over right away!" (no doubt to take me away to a "facility".

Here are things I didn't know could happen (or didn't remember about from long ago..)...

a. when you return home the house looks EXACTLY like it did when you left it.
b. it is very hard to get a full load of whites in one week
c. no sock surprises (this is when you bend down to pick up something that rolled under the couch and then SURPRISE a dirty sock is there)
d. there are always bananas
e. the hairspray is in my bathroom.....always
f. same thing with my tweezers!
g. the phone no longer rings after 10!

I still have my kiddo contacts tho......going to see the Schaumburg Saxons play football tonite (why yes, they ARE my alma mater and my children's archrival!) at their home field as the notorious E.D.D. , Okay Eddy Ali's bf is on the team. I'm going to annoyingly text Ali nonstop throughout the entire game and then abruptly stop before I give the final score!! mwaaaaaa that'll teach her to go to college and leave me on my own...mwaaaaaaaaaaa (Sad, I actually thought i had a life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment