Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Workin' in the ciiitay!


So it is a fabulous gorgeous day and I woke up feeling less than fabulous and gorgeous. I decided to take the later train so that I could clear my head, drink an extra cup of coffee and minimize the crankiness that normally comes upon me when I feel like this. Train ride was normal and on time (it usually is no matter what people tell you and luckily the suburban commuter line does not have alternating smells of lysol and urine like its city counterpart). I am still regretting not being at home and rapidly sending/answering emails on my blackberry. I mean, c'mon....no one is gonna die if I don't see my email for another 30 minutes. I guess it makes me feel important tho....


Get off the train really sluggishly, trying to find a good reason to take the bus instead of my mile walk to the office. And then fortunes are reversed! The angels sing!!! Life begins anew!!! I step out into the gloriousness that is Chicago in the fall! A warm fall. Ohhellsamighty. Gorgeous!! Air is clean (when I first moved from Los Angeles I wondered how people actually breath air they don't see) the sun is shining, it is a nice warm breezy day. My walk is mainly along the chicago river. The boats are out, the birds are flying, people are smiling. I could not help but feel a spring in my step and the schmaltzy gimmacky song in my heart. Life is truly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment