Saturday, May 22, 2010

The best part of saturday


The picture reminds me of the best part of saturday........the morning/early afternoon. Usually I am lucky enough to be able to linger in bed a little bit with my best bed companion flicka....before you go THERE your dirty sods, flicka is the name of my trusty laptop. (And those of you reading this thinking "who/what is flicka....good lord" altho I googled it and apparently they made a movie of that name in 2006. ) Then after coffee, really good toast (again, wild woman) I start the "punish the body". Do the floor exercises, the weights, then off for a run in the neighborhood. My run reminds me why I really enjoy this neighborhood. Great mix of ethnicities, great mix of incomes....kids out playing, people doing yard work, men taking a break, beers in hand watching tv that is situated in their garage. Women chatting in the driveways, youngish men driving cars down the main street shouting things about my butt(Seriously??? Seriously??? I'm working here! but THANK YOU)..........So green, so suburban, so comforting. Take that and the blasting through my ipod (which now mysteriously works again I think it wants round to of the humiliation game, well you shall not be rewarded ipod!) of The English beat........oh.....joy!
(If you look real hard you can see the tweetie blanket that we got ali in tijuana about 15 years ago. I am truly the hand me down to queen).

No comments:

Post a Comment