Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cutest most adorable gay man on earth

I walk from the train into the city to my job every morning and then back to the train again at nite. In my journeys I pass many people, a lot of whom I now recognize. It is like the people on the train. Very familiar yet very much anonymous. Whenever I have seen these people at places other than the train or in the city on the street there is at once a nagging thought in the back of my head (where do I know them from?) followed up by the uncertainty of what the etiquette is. Do I acknowledge them? I mean I know them but I don't know them. There have been a couple of ocassions that you spot one of your fellow commuters back in the burbs at the same time they spot you and there is a rush of smile, intake of breath and an Aha! Normally you continue on your path and usually tell the person you are with "they are on my train!". There are times however that I feel compelled to accost people because I find them so interesting or adorable....hence my current dilemma with my cutest most adorable gay man on earth. I pass him almost every morning and every evening on wacker. Sometimes on Lake. He is perfectly coiffed, coordinated and pressed. He has a jaunty, saucy, fluid way of walking with a purposeful look on his face. I have played in my head the conversation a million times.."Hello!! I just wanted to say I find you so well put together and stylish!" "Oh, what a dear you are!" or perhaps "tsk, stalker!". It makes my morning to see him walking towards me. It completes my work day when I am walking to the train and he passes me going home. I have an entire fantasy world (he has a loving boyfriend, crazy hag girlfriends, is a gourmet cook with an extensive wine collection) in which he lives. It is almost one of those scary situation in which you hope the reality meets the fantasy but sadly, rarely does. Well, I guess for now my cutest most adorable gay man on earth, you are safe from my clutches.

No comments:

Post a Comment